Serves 6-8. Prep time 15 min. Cook time 25 min.
½ cup quinoa
1 cup of water
1 x 400gram can butter beans ( or other white beans)
2 tbsp lemon juice
¼ cup olive oil
1 GreenSky Organic pod (3x tbs)
¾ cup grated RAW sweet potato
¼ cup diced onion
1 clove garlic minced
2 tbs Tamari
1 Tbsp dried parsley
1 egg or 1 serving chia paste
¾ cup brown rice flour or almond flour/meal
1 tsp. baking powder
Pinch sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 170C.
- In a medium saucepan, add quinoa and water. Bring to a boil, cover, then reduce to simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- In a food processor, mix together beans, lemon juice and olive oil until consistency is an even paste. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add grated sweet potato, onion, garlic, parsley, Tamari and quinoa and mix well.
- Mix in egg OR chia paste, flour, baking powder and sea salt.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, form into burger sized patties.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and turn over, return to oven and cook for 10 minutes more OR until they are firm to the touch.
Tamari is a alternative to soy sauce. Most brands are Gluten Free which is not the case for Soy Sauce.
Chia seed paste is a wonderful alternative for some recipes if you don’t want to use eggs... so for this recipe if you wanted it to be VEGAN, chia paste would be perfect. Simply combine 1 Tbsp ground chia seeds with 1 cup of water. Mix well and allow to set for 3-5 minutes.