½ cup quinoa
1 cup of water
1 x 400gram can butter beans ( or other white beans)
2 tbsp lemon juice
¼ cup olive oil
1 GreenSky Organic pod (3x tbs)
¾ cup grated RAW sweet potato
¼ cup diced onion
1 clove garlic minced
2 tbs Tamari
1 Tbsp dried parsley
1 egg or 1 serving chia paste
¾ cup brown rice flour or almond flour/meal
1 tsp. baking powder
Pinch sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 170C.
- In a medium saucepan, add quinoa and water. Bring to a boil, cover, then reduce to simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- In a food processor, mix together beans, lemon juice and olive oil until consistency is an even paste. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add grated sweet potato, onion, garlic, parsley, Tamari and quinoa and mix well.
- Mix in egg OR chia paste, flour, baking powder and sea salt.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, form into burger sized patties.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and turn over, return to oven and cook for 10 minutes more OR until they are firm to the touch.
Chia seed paste is a wonderful alternative for some recipes if you don’t want to use eggs... so for this recipe if you wanted it to be VEGAN, chia paste would be perfect. Simply combine 1 Tbsp ground chia seeds with 1 cup of water. Mix well and allow to set for 3-5 minutes.